About me (Nigel Williams)
Most of my time has been in Tasmania, with brief stints in Sydney (NSW) and the USA.
For chatting about retrocomputing interests I use cctalk
, IRC #classiccmp, #VC, VintageCF
, and sub-groups (NeXT, 68KMLA, AppleFritter, etc).
A list of vintage artifacts that I am hoping to find, buy or trade, or simply know (words, pictures or links):
- Anything related to Unisys systems.
- INMOS Transputer
- Burroughs Corporation - anything related (main interests: B5000 series, B6700 series, and the Illiac IV supercomputer).
- IBM midrange systems (System /3X, AS/400 and iSeries)
- Intel iAPX 432 - anything related to this Intel 32-bit microprocessor
- DEC digital Digital Equipment Corporation - Anything related such as PDP-8, PDP-11, VAX, Alpha, display terminals (VT52, VT100), documentation, "swag" etc.
- Data General AViiOn
Apple /// (aka Apple 3)
- Unusual microprocessor based systems (from Motorola M8120, Olivetti M20, Omron Luna-88K)
- Old database software (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, RDB, Informix, dBase, Sybase, Ingres)
- Old programming language compilers and development tools (ALGOL, Simula, Pascal, Ada, Modula-2, Lisp, FORTRAN)
- Tandy TRS-80 Color (Colour) Computer (CoCo 3)
- Very slowly moving the various Burroughs simulator sub-projects along.
- Assisting others with the discovery of Elliott 503 information.
- Chasing hardware (see Seeking above) and software: old programming language compilers, old operating systems, software curiosities such as interesting applications implemented in unusual languages, for example Chess program written in ALGOL-W.
- Resurrecting some old machines.
- Updating this website.